We are a day away from entering into a new year and wanting to leave behind the horrendous and drawn out year that is/was 2018.
Most people have set goals for themselves , have vision boards prepared but I literally have nothing of the sort.
Don’t get me wrong I have been actively looking for YouTube videos of people talking about goal setting, positive habits to take into the new year and of course what we need to let go of in 2018 but I just have not had the alone time and actually been in the head space to truly reflect on my year and somewhat plan for my upcoming year.
I feel very unfazed about this new start. Not excited nor anxious and I am not too sure this is how I am meant to be feeling but I do know I want a good old cry session and then maybe might be ready to “new year , new me.”
What I have picked up is that I am quick to want to reflect on the bad things that have taken place this year and less on the good (which was not much) but like I said in my last post I am actively trying to be the change in my life, so let’s focus on good , shall we?
I have decided to set goals for myself and kind of organise my life and mind throughout the month of January. Dedicating a day to a question/goal I see myself reaching short term and long term and I will document it all here.
To get started here are some questions I found interesting to kick start my (our) positive 2019 :
- What are you most grateful for from the year 2018?
- What are some of the positive changes you have gone through in 2018?
- What important life lesson/s have you learned this year?
- What have you accomplished in 2018 & who/what has helped you reach those accomplishment/s?
- What are you passionate about that you somehow started this year and want to continue with into 2019 and how will you improve on it?
- What / who is holding you back?, Are you ready to let go and what positive aspect will you replace the what / who with in order to benefit you more?
I know I have ran away from many truths and probably developed new coping mechanisms which ultimately are unhealthy for me but my biggest wish is to make peace with at least one truth about myself that I am scared to face.
It’s so easy to be swept up in the motion of life that you are on autopilot but at some stage you going to need to take a grip of that steering wheel, take charge of your own trip and how you get to your journey. It will be the most exhausting thing you and I will probably ever do but I can only hope and pray that it will be worth it.
Wishing you all a safe and peaceful start to your upcoming new year. Just remember it’s not over yet unless you want it to be.
Cues : Skepta _Energy Ft Wizkid
These questions were taken from a YouTube channel by Ria called The Whole.